Hiring, Part Three: Chief Operating Officer
Update (April 10th): all positions at Capsule Social are currently filled.
Capsule Social is working towards building decentralized discourse, where intellectuals can share ideas on a truly resilient mesh that stands against takedowns and other forms of silencing and intimidation.
After obtaining first-round funding from Polychain Capital, FYRFLY Capital, Castle Island Ventures, Wamda Capital, and other intrepid investors, Capsule Social has been looking towards building a team for the long-term. We’ve hired a UI team, and are now looking towards a Chief Operating Officer (as well as a front-end engineer!) in order to expand our capabilities.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated Chief Operating Officer to take up the mantle of managing Capsule Social’s day-to-day operations. This includes managing finances, investors, company matters, as well as coordinating between technical, legal and managerial team members.
The goal is to create a dedicated managerial person of contact within Capsule Social, in order to liberate Capsule Social’s technical and research team members from managerial tasks and to allow them to focus more on research and development work.
- Take responsibility in relationship to investors, hiring, accounting and company matters.
- Act as a point of contact with suppliers, partners, customers.
- Manage day-to-day operations, payroll, finances.
- Support CEO in communication and marketing activities.
- Must have experience with managing daily startup operations, including for very young startups.
- Good organizational and decision-making abilities.
- Proficiency with online collaboration tools.
- Experience with privacy-preserving and censorship-resistant technologies preferred.
- Excellent and proactive communication skills.
- US-based preferred. Generally we’re a global, remote team, but given that Capsule Social is incorporated in the U.S., a U.S.-based candidate would likely do better in a COO role specifically.
- Competitive salary and equity package.
- Fully remote position.
- Work on cool tech!
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.